With electricity prices rising across the country at the fastest pace in years, the city of Burlington, Vt., looks well-prepared for the future.
On Monday, the largest city in Vermont announced that it now has 100% renewable energy — from biomass, wind, hydro — to meet the needs of its 42,000 residents.
Andrea Gibson, in this interview with Hooligan Magazine (via humours)
Black women can be feminine
Black women can be masculine
Black women can be delicate
Black women can be quiet
Black women can be loud
Black women can be patient
Black women can be cute
Black women can be adorable
Black women can be sexy
Black women can be dominant
Black women can be submissive
Black women can be straightedge
Black women can be gyaru
We can be literally anything we feel like being.
We are not a monolithic group
We are not the same
We share melanin not mindsets
i hit my coworkers shoulder lightly and he was like “you’re going to make me cry like a girl” and i was like “what’s wrong with being a girl?” and he was quiet for a moment then he looked into the distance and whispered “the social standards they’re forced to live by”
we’ve taught girls to romanticise nearly everything a boy does. when i was younger i thought it was cute that boys chased the girl even after she said no. i loved it when after a girl moved away from a kiss, the guy would pull her back and force it on. i thought a guy saying ‘i won’t take a no for an answer’ was passionate and romantic. we’re literally always teaching girls to romanticise abusive traits.
I could listen to this all day.
"It’s dreadful when something weighs on your mind, not to have a soul to unburden yourself to. You know what I mean. I tell my piano the things I used to tell you." — Frédéric Chopin, Chopin’s Letters. or; Sad Romantics Vol. I
01. Consolation n° 3 en ré bémol majeur, S. 172: I. Lento placido, Franz Liszt
02. L’Impromptu n° 3 en sol bémol majeur, Op. 90, Franz Schubert
03. Les Saisons n° 10 en ré mineur: Octobre, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
04. Mazurka n° 3 en ut dièse mineur, Op. 63, Frédéric Chopin
05. Nocturne n° 8 en mi mineur, John Field
06. Lieder ohne Worte n° 5 in h-moll, Op. 67, Felix Mendelssohn
07. Prélude n° 4 en mi mineur, Op. 28, Frédéric Chopin
08. Album Leaves, B. 109: I. Allegretto en fa dièse mineur, Antonín Dvořák
09. Romance en mi mineur, S169/R66a, Franz Liszt
10. Allegretto en ut mineur, D. 915, Franz Schubert
11. Chanson sans paroles n° 3 en si bémol majeur, Ivan Laskovsky
12. Gypsy Songs, Op. 55, B. 104: IV. Songs My Mother Taught Me, Antonín Dvořák